- Contact us
"Our mission is to challenge the intellect, engage the imagination, and celebrate the human spirit by connecting people with plants, the environment, and a full spectrum of the sciences and cultural arts."
Information pages here:
- Check the CALENDAR to see what's coming up
- The VISIT section gives you a map and directions to MBG
- GUIDED HIKES can be scheduled to learn about and enjoy birds, native plants, herbs and this enchanted garden
- SCHOOL PROGRAMS may be arranged to fit your specific curriculum and age group (depending on MBG capacity.)
- The COMMUNITY GARDEN has 30 plus beds available to grow food or flowers for a small annual fee.
- MBG hosts several GEOCACHES, including the very first cache in the Central Florida Area.
- The GREAT DUCK DERBY delights all those eager to get outdoors for family fun in the early spring
- The FLORIDA SYMPHONY YOUTH ORCHESTRA (FSYO) performs in the Grove on special occasions
- Learn about and buy rare and wonderful Florida Friendly plants on BACKYARD BIODIVERSITY DAY at MBG
- The annual FALL PLANT SALE "GROWvember" is coming in November. Get ready for Florida growing season and hear some very interesting speakers.
- Contact us for more information or to schedule a program for your group.
Do you have ideas or skills you would like to share in the garden? Please click here to contact us to explore the possibilities.
Click here to read about our educational vision and strategic learning plans.
"For eons, human beings spent most of their formative years in nature. But within the space of a few decades, the way children understand and experience nature has changed radically. Healing the broken bond between our young and nature is in everyone's self interest, not only because aesthetic or justice demand it, but also because our mental, physical and spiritual health depend upon it."
Author, Last Child in the Woods
Chairman, Children & Nature Network